No Pain, No Gain – 7 Reasons Why You Should Wax
Sounds painful? It is. I’m not going to lie. Waxing is not for the faint-hearted; it is a deliriously painful experience for “waxing virgins”—one that makes you shed a tear or two, or downright sob like a baby in a dirty diaper. I suggest you find yourself a professional who knows what she’s doing and if you happen to find a well-trained Esthetician whose skills greatly reduce your discomfort, cling onto her!
For those who want to try waxing at home, I recommend taking a hot shower beforehand just to soften the hairs, open up the pores and in turn, reduce the amount of pain you’ll experience. You can also place a bottle of body lotion in the fridge and slather the chilled cream onto your skin immediately after to calm and soothe the areas you’ve just waxed. Don’t forget to exfoliate regularly to remove dead-skin buildup that could lead to ingrown hairs.
So why is waxing the better choice? Here are 7 reasons:
- Unlike shaving, waxing completely removes the hairs from their roots and the result typically lasts anywhere from two to eight weeks, amazing isn’t it?
- For some who shave religiously, the pores on their legs seem to explode in size as the stubbles become tougher and thicker, making the appearance of their otherwise gorgeous legs less appealing. After a period of repeated waxing, you’ll notice that the re-sprouted hairs are finer and less noticeable. In some cases, hairs in some areas might stop growing back altogether!
- Waxing is also very fast; it quickly strips away hairs without the hassle of going back and forth with a tiny razor, making it the more efficient choice for busy individuals.
- Waxing is safer than most other methods of hair removal. The blades on a razor could cause bleeding and cuts that look unsightly and potentially lead to inflammation or infection.
- Besides removing the hairs on top of the skin, waxing also helps get rid of dead skin cells, revealing smoother, more rejuvenated skin.
- For brave hearts interested in Brazilian Waxing there are several benefits. The obvious aesthetic appeal of an “airplane strip” or bare skin mitigates embarrassing sprouts from peaking out of your itsy-bitsy bikini – not to mention a winner with your boyfriend or husband. Cleanliness is a plus as well, Brazilian Waxing allows moisture to absorb easier.
- The ingredients in waxing products are usually made from natural sources, making it the safer, healthier choice compared to other topical hair removal creams which contain harsh chemicals that irritate the skin — sorry Nair you’ve deceived me once before.
So are you ready to give waxing a chance? How about a waxing party with all of the girls? You can turn waxing into a fun event and the best part is, you’ll have smooth skin for weeks and weeks!